This Fashion Week, flat shoes, like sneakers, or menswear-inspired oxfords, reigned supreme among Fashion Week attendees: women seem to be aiming for stylish comfort. However, like we’ve come to expect from this time of the year, New York City didn’t disappoint in the high heel department. This season, however, high heels were sleek in design, rather than ornate and over the top. This year’s style could be described as minimalistic, clean, and structural. The biggest shoe trends we saw (besides flat shoes) were pointy toe heels, ankle straps, and lace-up heels.
Our street style photographer and style correspondent, Aminta Iriarte of
, went out on the streets and scouted the best heels of the Spring/Summer 2016 shows and compiled them all here for your viewing pleasure. Clothes & Fashion New York Fashion Week 2015 Shoe Styles Gallery
01. Silver shoes and accessories were a big trend this Fashion Week.
02. A lot of Fashion Week attendees wore low pointy-toe shoes. These heels are fashionable enough to attend runway shoes, but also low enough to be office appropriate.
03. The open-toe bootie is the perfect Summer-Fall transition shoe.
04. Here we have two trends in one photo: silver accents for Fall/Winter, and a pointy-toe shoe.
We saw some fun variations of the pointy-toe heel, like this clear one and of course, one in a neon color.
06. Lace-up heels were also very popular among Fashion Week attendees, and we’re going to go as far as to say they were the sexiest street style show of the season.
07. Surprisingly, we only saw a handful of Louboutins- but with that beautiful, flowy skirt, we were probably the only ones looking at her shoes.
08. Do you think these girl friends coordinated their shoes for the day?
09. After the pointy toe trend, lace-up heels were the second most popular style we spotted at New York Fashion Week. However, once the cold months start, it will be interested to see what fashionistas are wearing.
10. This girl had a black-and-white outfit, but kept it interesting with her shoes and handbag.
11. If you love fashion and people watching, Fashion Week is the place for you.
12. We have a few shoe trends in this picture: structural with the gray-ish blue shoes, minimalistic with the snake print ankle strap sandals, flats in the back, and a little bit of 70s flair with the platforms.
13. Here we have beautiful, structural open-toed sandals that are not too-high, or not too-low, but the perfect height for the maximum sex appeal.
14. In a non-shoe-related note, one of the most popular garments we saw during New York Fashion Week was the tea-length skirt: a full skirt that hits between your ankles and your knee, and looks best with high heels.
15. We also saw a great deal of fringe in both clothes and accessories.
16. Pointy toe, ankle strap heels were paired with structured bags. Do you see a pattern here yet? Fashionistas in New York are going minimal- with a twist!
Great shoe always calls for a great bag- don’t you think?
18. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what you wear as long as you have the right attitude.
19. We saw less gladiator sandals than we did Louboutins. Like we said, this Fashion Week was more about minimalist, structured styles, and less about super eye-catching footwear. Is this the end of the gladiator trend?
20. We did spot this fabulous pair on a model, but they were part of her show outfit. She looked terrific, nevertheless.
21. We also spotted these mermaid-like, metallic heels; proving that silver is the favorite accent color for the Fall/Winter season.
22. Pointy-toe heels are great for two reasons: they’re understatedly sexy (the best kind of sexy) and they look professional enough to be worn at the office to inject a big of your personality into your corporate wardrobe.
23. This was one of our favorite looks of the season, and we’re sorry to see gladiator sandals go, because they make any outfit instantly sexy.
24. Although we associate fringe with the summer season, we foresee the fringe trend easily transitioning into Fall in materials like suede and leather.
25. A fun way to vamp up your pointy shoe heels is with nice accents, like this crocodile skin- you could get away with wearing these shoes at the office with the strictest dress code!
26. Although we noticed high heels were getting shorter, the sex appeal was much higher with details like fringe, and barely-there-straps.
27. These fun heels still caught our eye!
28. Lace up = sexy
29. These shoes, although sexy, seemed a little out of place at Fashion Week. They were better suited for clubbing than for a fashion event, but we still give these girls and A+ for effort.
30. Some wore heels and some wore flats, but we still love seeing all the attendees and New York Fashion Week, and we loved seeing their style!
31. At New York Fashion Week, some brave girls paired fun jeans with fun lace up shoes!
32. Some ladies matched their shoes with their bags.
33. But at the end of the day, pointy toe, lace-up shoes were the post popular style of high heel we spotted during New York Fashion Week.